Saturday, February 16, 2008

Hello World!


After much thought and consideration, I have decided to jump into the blogging world. I hope that a glimpse into my life will be educational and entertaining.


My name is Holly Hog. I'm and African Pygmy Hedgehog. I think I was born October 15, 2007. My mom isn't so sure because the breeder she adopted me from couldn't give her my birth date with much confidence. My parents brought me home December 18, 2007. It didn't take much for them to fall in love with me and vice versa. My bedroom is very large, roomy and colourful. My mom keeps me in her 'hobby room' so that she can stay close to me as much as possible. She can't get enough of me!! I have my very own space heater to keep me warm. My room needs to be the warmest in the house. Us hedgehogs are sensitive to temperature. We need to be kept between 74 - 78 F in order to stay healthy and happy.


Shortly after bringing me home, I gave my parents a big scare!!! You see, when my parents adopted me, I was pregnant. Secretly pregnant. I did a really good job at hiding it. I still remember my mom's face when she took me out of my favourite sleeping bag on January 2, 2008, and found one of my little pink boys. Priceless! We laugh about it now but she was really terrified and didn't know what to do.


Mom received lots of encouragement and advice from very wonderful people at Chins-n-Quills.com. My boys and I are doing just fine. It seems like just the other day, but Huey and Horatio are almost 7 weeks old!! They've grown so quickly. It's definitely been exciting times.


(The picture of me was taken the night before my boys were born. I suppose I looked a little round.........)