Sunday, March 2, 2008

Play Time

Play time always almost equals worm time for me. I love a good old larva of the mealworm beetle or Tenebrio molitor. These pests of stored grain do just fine in my belly!!





Mom tries to bribe me with mealworms in order to come out and play with all the colourful (and what she thinks are fun) toys she got us. This does work just briefly until the worms are gobbled up. At that point I go and 'play' in my favourite toy. It happens to be one of dad's old shoes. As you can see, the only playing that happens is a game of hide and seek..... Mom tries her hardest to entice me out and to make sure she can see me run about and play, but I'd much rather take a nap and leave all the running around and cage rearranging to when she and dad are asleep in bed. I think she is onto me though..... She caught me wandering around in my space when she came home today. I was somewhat confused. Usually mom and dad are home Sunday afternoons but I hadn't heard a peep out of either of them since after lunch today so I thought it was safe to come out for a brisk walk...... Well.......... in a much different way than mom's usually unstealthy self, she snuck up on me as I was having a wander. She was so happy to see that I was out and about, that she briskly placed me in my pen and I suppose couldnt resist snapping some shots of my cute little face!

1 comment:

Razzle said...

what a great play land! :)